Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fundraiser for Little Peanut

Friends and Family - we have created this blog to bless the Nantois Family. They are going through a difficult time right now & we want to help them in any way possible. This is one of those ways : )
Please read the following letter from Erin & participate how your heart leads...
Hi! I really wish I could be there today to share my story with you in person, but I'm so thankful my friend has offered to share my story for me.
Like so many I am mom, the greatest joy of my life. I have two children a boy and a girl who bring me the most amazing happiness. My husband & I are also expecting a third little peanut in April. We are so excited to meet this precious baby whom we all ready so deeply love.
A few weeks ago at a routine appointment our Doctor noticed a problem with our baby. We went to another Doctor to confirm and it looks as if our babies heart may have a problem. Like all moms having a baby or child with a serious medical problem is our worst nightmare. I am so scared I can barely breath sometimes.
For now there is nothing anyone can do to tell us exactly what we will be dealing with or what the plan for our baby. I do know and pray daily that God's will be done. I know He love's our baby even more than we do and that brings me so much comfort.
After researching what little I do know about our babies heart problem and talking with my OB it seems very possible that our baby will need to be born in a hospital that specializes in babies with heart problems. Since I'm not really sure at this point the exact problem I'm not sure where we will go, but unfortunately we will probably have to leave our home for an unknown amount of time because of surgeries and recovery time.
There is so much that is unknown at this point. As a mom I can't really just sit around and wait. So during one of my sleepless nights of worry I decided that what I could do was two things...
1-Ask for prayers for my family - we know that there is a reason this is happening, we don't understand it, but there is a comfort in knowing God knows our plan.
2-I can try to help financially plan for what the future may hold. Unfortunately two days before we got the news about our baby I was laid off from my job.
Emotionally it has been a blessing. I don't really think I could have worked after having my world so completely rocked. Financially it will be difficult.
So that is when I decided to get out of bed and do something productive.
I am making these fun little Advent calendars as a way to financially be able to help my family be together after little peanut arrives.

There is really no telling how long our hospital stay may be with possible surgeries and recovery. I do know that I can't leave my other two children behind...so that means we all go to wherever we need to be go give our little peanut the best chance. We have received so many sweet offers from friends and family that would stay with our kids, but I know that through whatever the future holds I need to be able to kiss their sweet faces every single day. I can't survive this without them.
So that is my story today. As you all are reading this I am having tests run to find out more and I hope to be able to share more about little peanut soon.
Please, please, please pray for God's will for our family.
Also, please know that if for some reason our baby does not make it through the pregnancy or if he/she is healed before birth any and all profits from the calendars will go to a family that is going through the same situation.
Love - Erin

If you would like to order a calendar or simply donate to Little Peanut please comment on this post including your contact information. We will get back to you as quickly as possible with an address & information.
Thank you for your consideration today. God Bless You!

20 comments:

  1. Erin, I would like to donate.
    Fawn Ozug
    email me
    fawnzug@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I will be praying for you all. Yes, I want one of those darling Christmas calendars.

    Love you and I'm so sad to hear of this news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I am so sorry for what you and Eric are going through. Please know that Rich, Justin, and I will be praying for all of you. I will also have you put on prayer lists...my mom has a huge network...and the power of prayer really does work. I would love to have an Advent calendar...they are absolutely adorable. And, if your little peanut would happen to bring you to Ohio (The Cleveland Clinic is amazing!), you are more than welcome to stay with us. If there is anything else we can do for you guys, please let me know. My e-mail is thewidmans3@gmail.com Please let me know what I need to for the Advent calendar.
    Me miss you guys and will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    I am so sorry for what your family is dealing with and I have been praying for you and thinking of you since I heard. I would love one of your darling calendars. My email is meghantheobald@msn.com. Thanks for sharing your story with everyone and I will keep praying. Love to your family.
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin, I live in Columbia, MO and teach with Allie. I love Allie and Andrew very, very much. When Allie mentioned the baby, my heart went out to you and your family. What an amazing woman, wife, and mother you are! You are most definitely on my prayer list and in my heart. I would love to have at least one of your calendars. Please contact me with information at: ntruesdell59@gmail.com. Love and prayers, Nancy Truesdell Coonrod

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin and Eric,
    My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I would love an advent calendar! Please send me the information at pascael@gmail.com.
    Best,
    Pascael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin,
    We are praying like crazy and want to help in any way that we can. I would love a calendar. Also, we have tons of airline miles and you are welcome to as many as you want if you all need to start flying places.
    Lots of love, Jake & Kimber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Erin,
    You guys are in my prayers. Please let me know how I can donate.
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin and Eric,
    I am praying for your family. I can't imagine what you are going through, but as the mom of 3 precious children I know how much you already love that child and how impossible it would be to leave your others behind, even for a short while. I would like 2 of your precious advent calendars. My email is melodyhunt@hotmail.com
    Melody (Freeman) Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin and Eric,
    Please know your whole family is in our prayers. We would love a calendar! Please send me the information.
    Love,
    Katie & Andy Bohl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin and Eric,
    I am a friend of Pascael's and she forwarded me the information. I am a mom, too, and I can't imagine what you are going through. We will put your family in our prayers. I would love a calendar!!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please send an address for donations - you and your family are in our prayers. Owasso is very lucky to have a Christian role model as a coach for our boys.
    Jody and Lori Kerns
    kernslori@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. Praying for healing and strength for you all. Please send me the information for donations. God Bless you and your family.
    Thank you
    Jim and Tracy Simmons
    simmonssgf@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will keep your family in my prayers. I would love to order a calendar. Please send me the information at AStall@cwlaw.com. God Bless You All!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erin,
    We are praying for you and your family during this difficult time. Just let us know if you all need anything anytime. We love and miss you all. I would love a couple of those advent calendars. Just send the information to carebear8224@aol.com

    Sending prayers your way,
    Josh and Kerry Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for all your kind words and prayers. I wanted to let you all know that I am posting all the information you need to place your orders and shipping prices for those outside the Owasso area. Again thank you all for your support, it really does mean so much to us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. I admire your proactivity and faithfulness during this difficult time. Continue to stand on His word....they are His promises to us.

    "Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases." Psalm 103:3

    "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-by whose stripes you were healed."
    I Peter 2:24

    Our church recently did a series called "Christ the Healer." A "story wall" was created for people to share their stories of healing. I felt compelled to share.
    http://yourstory.churchonthemove.com/topic/healing

    I would love to purchase a calendar.

    christin.poplin@owasso.k12.ok.us

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eric & Erin,
    The day I found out you were pregnant for the first time, I remember thinking how lucky that baby was to be coming into such an amazing family. When I heard the news about this little peanut, the first thought I had was there will never be a family that will love this baby more than you two will. You have always been a shining example for me and I will be praying for your beautiful family.

    I would love to help in any way possible.
    Please e-mail me: lwadswo@okstate.edu

    ReplyDelete
  19. Erin...
    I had no idea until I saw your post on FB. I think about you often and hope you are doing well. I will definitely keep you all in my prayers. I'd LOVE an advent calendar! Please let me know if I can do anything for you!
    Miss you!
    ~ Melinda Grantham

    * My cell is 527-0815 and e-mail melindagrantham@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! I closed my fb acct. U can email me at jakeandkimber@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete